Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guacamole

Finally, a recipe I've made on my own.
It was bound to happen eventually, right? I'm a strict recipe follower.
My husband? He's a total recipe maker. He's made so many incredible dishes for me, but he never writes them down. I'm determined to stand next to him one of these days and take notes. That way I can actually share original recipes instead of stuff I like recipes.

I know guacamole isn't all that hard to make.
That's probably why I love it so much. It's full of flavor, but superduper easy.
There are a million different ways to make it too.
This is my version...

Guacamole

True story: Made this dip and meant to take a picture before serving. Got to tasting it, and before I knew it, my hubby and I had eaten most of it before I remembered to snap a picture. Oops!

Ingredients
  • 2 large Haas avocados
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 Tbsp finely diced onion (red is best, but others will be fine)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (said it before, fresh makes a major difference)
  • Juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
  • 2-3 drops of hot sauce (we use Texas Pete)
  • Dash of Kosher salt, to taste
  • *Optional* jalapeno, chopped
Directions
In a large bowl, mash avocados with a fork. Add tomato. Add onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and hot sauce. Get out your bag of chips and start testing. Adjust recipe according to what you like in order to get a perfect balance.
If you're really daring and like some extra spice, add some chopped jalapenos.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Feeds about 2-3 hungry snackers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds almost exactly like my own recipe! The only difference is I add a tablespoon of sugar. :-)

    ReplyDelete