Friday, December 16, 2011

Sausage Balls

We recently threw a bridal shower for one of my best buds.
My mom was in charge of the food, and it was there that I was reminded of this recipe. Now, honestly? I don't like sausage. Not even remotely. You're lucky if you can get me to eat pepperoni. So for me to like this? You know it's gotta be good.
It's super simple (4 ingredients). So if you have a holiday party you're either throwing or attending, bring these. Never met anyone that didn't like them.

Sausage Balls
(Recipe by Paula Deen)


Ingredients
  • 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
  • 1 1-pound package ground sausage
  • 1/8 tablespoon Pepper
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly.
Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.
Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.

There's also a dip that goes with it, but we didn't make it. So I can't give you my honest opinion on it. But if you want to give it a go, who am I to stand in your way? :)
Makes about 5 dozen sausage balls.

Dip: Mix together 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 Tbsp mustard.


No comments:

Post a Comment