Friday, November 18, 2011

Garlic Chicken Puffs

We had a luncheon this week at church for all of the women's Bible studies that meet up on Tuesdays. Everyone signed up to bring something. My signature dishes are usually desserts. I'm just better at baking, I think. Probably because my sweet tooth never fails me; I can tell if something will come out right just by looking at the picture. But I brought a dessert last time, so I figured it was time to push myself out of my comfort zone. However, I decided to stick with something simple.
I found this recipe and decided to give it a whirl.
It was inexpensive, tasty, and fed a lot of people. I think next time I'll take it up a notch and add some herbs... maybe some basil, oregano, etc. But they're definitely a great snack food to bring to a party, shower, or any other event where hungry people will be. And I got a couple of random compliments, so the fact that they're a crowd-pleaser is a plus.
Have a great weekend!!

Garlic Chicken Puffs
(Recipe by Cheryl)


Ingredients
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup cooked shredded chicken*
  • 2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
Directions

Mix cream cheese, garlic and chicken until well blended.
Unroll crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 2 triangles (when you unroll the crescent rolls, 2 triangles are attached making a big square, I just followed the perforation on the opposite side and made an X, creating 4 little triangles).
Place 1 tsp of chicken mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over the creamy mixture. Place on cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with no stick spray. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes (mine were ready in about 10 minutes, so watch them closely).


*For cooked chicken, I used the leftovers from my favorite oven roasted chicken dish I make. If you're not planning on making chicken the night before, you could always grab an precooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment