Monday, January 16, 2012

Five-Layer Bars

These things are absolutely sinful.
I'm not even a fan of coconut, normally, but I've loved them ever since I was a kid. My mom used to make them for class parties at school, and they were always a hit. Kind of surprising since they have so many ingredients most kids wouldn't usually gravitate towards (coconut and nuts).
They're super easy to throw together too.
Enjoy!

Five-Layer Bars

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 stick salted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle pecans, chips and coconut on top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely and cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to make these!! I love love love them. Thanks for reminding me of this recipe!

    ReplyDelete