Monday, December 27, 2010

Baked Scallops

I hope everyone had an incredible Christmas and wonderful time with your family, friends, or friends who are family. We definitely did.

I made this dish tonight, on a whim, mainly because our local Harris Teeter had bay scallops on sale. I decided to give this one a try, and it was a hit! My husband took one bite, and with eyes all lit up, he said, "This is really good!" And my husband is one of those blunt honest types, so he doesn't tell me something tastes great just to save my feelings.

Anyway, the recipe here is just for the scallops, but I decided to serve these on top of spaghetti. Very yummy!
(ps. it's also super easy, and I happened to have everything in my pantry already!)

Baked Scallops


(Original recipe and photo by John Bragg)

Ingredients

  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.
  3. Combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops.
  4. Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment