Sunday, December 12, 2010

Clarifications

Ok, a couple of corrections. I've tried several times to make the Sweet Potato Casserole just like my aunt and grandmother, but it wasn't turning out quite right. Mine was coming out slightly soupy. So I asked my aunt what she does differently, and she explained that she doesn't use the blender to puree the mixture. She just uses a potato masher and mixes it all together. This makes it come out thicker.

Also, for the Holiday Essence, my mom was mistaken. It doesn't last all month (at least not as strong as the initial week). So I would toss it after 2 weeks and make it again. Nobody wants to smell overcooked orange peels. :)
I've gone back and edited the recipes, but I thought I'd let you know just in case you were all, "What?? A whole month? She's crazy!" and refused to ever look the recipe up again.

And lastly, a clarification...

My recipe blog was not named and has no relation to the ever-so-dear-to-my-southern-heart grocery chain Piggly Wiggly. No, in fact, the name is all based around this little guy:

My Piggy Wiggy
(fyi, he eats none of this stuff. this was me and my sister being funny. however, I'm now a little embarrased we were able to find this much junk food in our house. I'll blame it on the husband...)

No comments:

Post a Comment