Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Veggie Bites

Last weekend, I hosted a baby shower for a friend.
Throughout the shower, my mom and I (she helped me with the food) kept getting told, "This is the best shower food I've EVER.HAD."
One of the favorites happened to be this recipe.
From across the room, I saw one woman literally holding one of these up in the air, examining it to see if she could figure out how it was made. Cracked me up! And of course, I then gave them the recipe.

These are great for showers, but really, they're perfect for any kind of part (especially in the summer).
I don't remember where we originally got this recipe. Actually, it was passed on by friends of ours who were hosting a home party (for candles and lotions and stuff).
We loved the appetizer and have used it tons of times ever since.
There are a million variations of this, so feel free to experiment.

Veggie Bites


Ingredients
  • 1 (8 oz) can of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
  • 1 (1 oz) package Ranch dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 2 finely chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Roll out crescent rolls onto a large non-stick baking sheet. Stretch and flatten to form a single rectangular shape on the baking sheet. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Mix cream cheese with 1/2 of the Ranch dressing mix. Adjust the amount of dressing mix to taste. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange carrots, bell peppers, green onions, and broccoli on top. Chill the refrigerator approximately 1 hour. Cut into bite-sized squares to serve.


1 comment:

  1. I've had this before and forgot about it. I need to make it again. Yum!

    ReplyDelete