Sunday, August 28, 2011

Monkey Muffins

My little guy turned 2 earlier this month, but we didn't get around to throwing his "friend party" (because we have a bajillion family parties) until last night. It was a blast, and I'll be doing a whole post about it soon on my regular family blog. He absolutely adores Curious George, so the party theme was obviously easy to put together. What I love is figuring out fun foods to go along with parties.
You already know I love me some pioneer woman (did you see her Food Network debut this weekend?! She's so cute). So when I saw these on her cooking site, I knew they'd be perfect.
And they were.
They were a TOTAL hit. Everyone kept saying how incredible these tasted. One guest didn't realize I had made them. She thought I'd bought them. Yep. She made my night.

Anyways, do yourself a favor and bring these to your next party or bake them as a gift. Or just have a completely sinful weekend and make them for yourself. :)

Monkey Muffins
(Original recipe by Ree Drummond) 


Ingredients



  • Leftover Bread Dough (or Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, Cut Into Thirds)

  • Butter

  • Sugar

  • Ground Cinnamon

  • Sweetened, Condensed Milk


  • Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in sugar and cinnamon.
    Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut refrigerated biscuit dough into thirds). Place three into each muffin tin.
    Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon.
    Allow dough to rise, if applicable, or just go ahead and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
    Remove from oven and immediately drizzle plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to sit for a little while to absorb sweet, sticky milk.
    Scoop out with a spoon and serve to hungry humans.

    Yield: 12 servings
    

    1 comment: