Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles and Cinnamon Syrup

Okay, okay. I know I said I wouldn't overdo it on the pumpkin recipes.
But I had to share this one too.
I made this yesterday for breakfast for me and the little man. Noah is actually pretty picky about his breakfast. Actually about food in general, but breakfast particularly. He likes his standard toast, eggs, and blueberries. So I went out on a limb with this one. But it was all chilly and rainy, and the morning was just crying out for waffles.
Maybe I've been living under a rock or have just been too nervous to try, but I've never made my own breakfast syrup before. It's actually really simple! And the cinnamon with the pumpkin waffles??
Oh my goodness gracious. Make sure you have room for seconds. It's that good.

Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup
(Original recipe by Amy @ The Idea Room)





Pumpkin Bread Waffles:
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 2 TBSP canola oil
Directions
 
Mix dry ingredients, combine wet ingredients. Mix together. Batter will be thick. Cook in waffle maker. (Use pam to prevent sticking.)
 
Cinnamon Syrup:
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup water
Directions

Stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in vanilla extract and water. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often. Continue to boil and stir until mixture thickens to syrup consistency. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment